POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov file association : pov file association Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  pov file association
From: Y
Date: 10 Sep 2001 23:22:04
Message: <3b9d835c@news.povray.org>
Seeing as POV 3.5 now owns the .pov file association,
I figured that I would put shorcuts to the 3.1 pvengine,
the 3.5 pvengine and to megapov.exe into the SendTo
Folder and then be able to send a .pov file to start any
of these programs with a right click and SendTo in the
drop down menu.
  It works in that the desired POV program opens but I
get an error and the file does not get loaded.

For MegaPOV and POV 3.1, I get:

   INI file error. Bad option syntax or error opening .INI/.DEF file '//'

and in POV 3.5:

   Possible Command Line Error: Could not open INI file '//'

Is there something I can alter or add in the Target: or Start in:
dialog space in the shortcut properties box that will allow the file
to be loaded ?

Or ... does someone have a better idea of how to send the
target .pov file to the POV program I want to run ?

TIA